Master of Education in Special Education
- Bachelor’s degree (regional or national accreditation) in any field; related field preferred.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA required 3.0 (exceptions may be considered if close to GPA minimum)
- Applicants to the Cross Endorsement program must hold a valid Connecticut teaching certificate in another area (e.g., elementary education, secondary education etc.) to be eligible for admission.
Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
- Bachelor’s degree (regional or national accreditation) in any field, related field preferred
- No required minimum undergraduate GPA required but it is a factor in the admission decision, 2.5 GPA or higher preferred
Master of Education with Montessori Concentration
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (conditional admission may be offered on a case-by-case basis if GPA below 3.0)
- Be accepted into the University of Hartford and the Montessori Training Center Northeast to matriculate in the program. Qualified applicants will fit into one of three classifications:
- Apply and be accepted to both institutions
- Be accepted to the University of Hartford and be currently enrolled in AMI training.
- Be accepted to the University of Hartford and have completed your AMI diploma (See specifics below).
Master of Science in Nursing
- Current RN licensure or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the state of Connecticut. (RNs who hold licensure in states other than Connecticut do not need to apply for CT licensure to be admitted.)
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in nursing from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited institution*
- 3.0 undergraduate GPA or completion of 6 credits at the graduate level with a minimum 3.3 GPA
- Minimum one year of clinical experience
*Nurses who hold a BA or BS degree in fields other than nursing are welcomed to apply.
In all cases requiring a minimum GPA, non-U.S. bachelor degree GPAs must be verified by WES.
To apply to the Master of Science in Nursing, students must:
- Complete our online application
- Request official transcripts from the school that granted your bachelor’s degree and from any graduate institution you attended. Have transcripts sent to:
University of Hartford
Graduate Admission Office-Online Programs
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117 USA
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50
- A letter of intent (as explained in the application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Your résumé
Applying is Easy
An admissions counselor is standing by to answer your questions. View our checklist and begin your application.